Monday, March 1, 2010

Spicy Peanut Butter, Banana & Bacon Panini

This weekend, I was in charge of pretty much everything my family put into their mouth. Because of that, I had to pull together some dishes that involved meat options so everyone wouldn’t revolt completely!


About a month ago, I was in the grocery store and this peanut butter caught my eye. It’s called “The Heat is On” by Peanut Butter & Co. My husband LOVES anything hot and LOVES peanut butter, hello! Seemed perfect! I grabbed it and off I went.

It took me almost a full month to figure out what to do with it! I was too scared to open it & try it, what if it was horrible?! I’m not one for spicy things, and searching the internet kept coming back to the same idea, a Peanut Butter & Bacon Sandwich. Here’s what I ended up with:


Ingredients

The Heat is On Peanut Butter
Banana sliced into long strips
Bacon (or not)
Sliced sourdough bread
Butter for the pan

If you’re familiar with natural peanut butter, you know when it’s first opened, you have all the oil on top… this oil was a bright orange color from all the spices. A little intimidating! Once I got it all mixed, I tentatively tried it. At first you just get peanut butter, then there’s a slight burn in the back of your mouth. I actually LOVED it! It’s not so much hot as it tastes well spiced & seasoned.

Process:

As I cooked the bacon for the carnivores of the house, I spread both sides of the bread with a layer of peanut butter then added a layer of sliced bananas. Once the bacon was cooked, I drained the grease off on a paper towel, patted the bacon dry & added it to the sandwiches. I had heated a grill pan on the stove top & brushed it with some butter. Grill the sandwiches up on both sides until crispy, slice & serve!

I enjoyed just the sandwich (sans bacon) more than I expected, unfortunately husband wasn’t on the same page & my dad ended up finishing his sandwich off!

I would defiantly suggest this sandwich to anyone looking for something different to spice up any sandwich!

No comments: