Friday, February 12, 2010

Friday Treats & Weekend Plans

Apologies in advance for the iPhone pictures! They’re not the best, I know.

I was excited to see they had multigrain ciabatta rolls at the café today! AND as a special treat I decided to have a side of the crispy “chips” from the Fish & Chips hot lunch option. I LOVE freshly made fries with homemade style tartar sauce. Especially the one they make at work, it’s got the biggest chunks of delicious pickles in it!



My sandwich is pretty plain but such a great combination: marinated grilled portabella mushroom caps, mixed greens, light mayo, red onion and a slice of Provolone cheese.




This weekend, I plan on attempting some new things. I’m pretty excited to give it a try! I tried quickly last week making homemade seitan…. reading up on it after my failed attempt, I think I didn’t kneaded it enough so I’m gonna give it another try.

I’m even thinking of trying a different recipe I found where you bake it instead! Does anyone have sucessful attempts at this stuff?? Any suggestions are welcome!

No comments: