Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Post Super Bowl Nachos

I came home from work tonight and didn't much feel like cooking so I threw this together from ingredients collected for the Superbowl last weekend. It's super easy and I can feed it to non-vegetarians and they don't even know they're not even eating meat!


I'll apologize in advance, I've never been one for recipes... Here's what I did:

Ingredients:
1/2 a small onion chopped
1 tbl butter or butter alternative (I use Brummel & Brown Spread)
Quorn Meatless & Soy-Free Grounds
Frozen corn kernels
Salsa (the ONLY one I'll use is Newmans Own - Hot!)
1/2 medium tomato chopped
Jalapeno Mash (optional)
Tortilla Chips
Mexican Shredded Cheese
Sour Cream (optional on the side)
Guacamole (optional on the side)

Chop half an onion and cook in a skillet over medium heat with 1/2 tablespoon of butter until they start to soften.  Add the meatless grounds and the rest of the butter, cook a few minutes and then add the frozen corn. I use pretty equal parts of grounds & corn but I realllly like corn - so you can adjust accordingly. I added 3 shakes of salsa just to flavor the filling and moisten it up a bit. Lastly, the chopped tomato and a teaspoon of Jalapenomash for extra spiceyness. Cover the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish with a single layer of tortilla chips then top wth filling & shredded cheese. Repeat with another layer of chips, filling & cheese.

Bake in a 350 degree oven until the cheese is melted and serve with any fixings you like! I prefer guac & sour cream. Hubby adds more salsa and extra Jalapenomash.

What is Jalapenomash you ask? One of the many many amazing items made by Dr. Gonzos Uncommon Condiments. Delish!



Enjoy ~ Sammie

No comments: