Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Let the grilling begin!

Erin over at Domestic Adventure got me thinking about grilling pizza again. I haven't done it since last year, but her pictures had my mouth watering! I though I'd share some of my favorite grilled pizza combinations in anticipation of this weekend (because I MUST try the pesto as a sauce now!)

Grilled Pizzas

- Fresh Mozzarella, Asparagus, Alfredo or plain garlic butter sauce (I don't like a red sauce with the Asparagus, but feel free to try it if you like)
- Artichoke & Carmelized Onions (any sort of sauce is good here)
-Chicken, Roasted Garlic & Broccoli (I'm thinking about using Quorn's Chik'n Tenders this summer, good size for pizza!) with red sauce & shredded Mozzarella


Best Pizza Ever.....
This is a mashup of two different pizza's I've had. The first is from Dominick's Pizza in Blairstown, NJ (a BLT Pizza made with a mayonaise sauce) and the second is the Chicken Caesar Pizza from Corner Grille in Worcester, MA. It's a white pizza with cheese, chopped tomatoes & diced chicken, that comes with a side Caesar salad that you add to the pizza. Salad on Pizza is my new favorite thing. So here's what I do to make my own variation

- Shredded Mozzarella
- Seeded Diced tomatoes (NO SEEDS) bleh
- Bacon (of the veggie variety now please) :P
- any other small diced veggies you want to add (this summer I'm thinking, zucchini & red onions)

So you add that to the pizza, (i make mine sans sauce) & grill it up. In the meantime, chop some lettuce & make a garlic mayonaise sauce.

To make the sauce I add some milk to mayo to thin it out a bit. Then smash some garlic with some salt to make a paste & mix that in with some pepper and a splash of lemon juice. Any other seasonings you want to add are a'ok. The consistency should be more like a salad dressing than mayo.

Once the pizza is grilled, top with the chopped lettuce & drizzle with the garlic mayo. Fold (to keep the lettuce in check) and eat!

I think I will definatly be making this over the weekend, pictures and a more exact recipe to follow ;)

1 comment:

Erin @ Domestic Adventure said...

My goodness, these are some mouthwatering combinations! I'll have to give some of these a try the next time I'm making pizza.

Thanks for the shout out!

xo,
-e