Sunday, January 9, 2011

Spicy Latkes with Chipotle Sour Cream

Way back when... I dated a boy that was Jewish and his mother taught me how to make Potato Latkes.... I hope she's not reading this ;) I may not remember her recipe, but I think I like my version better!



Spicy Potato & Corn Latkes

Ingredients:
2 Large Potatoes
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cayenne powder
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup flour
1 can corn (11 oz)
1 cup milk
2 tsp franks hot sauce
Veg/Canola Oil

Process:
Shred potatoes into a large bowl then squeeze excess liquid out. Add the corn & all dry ingredients, mix to combine. Add milk and hot sauce, stir into a batter. (usually I would have used an egg or two, but I was out)
Heat Oil in a skillet, drop heaping spoonfuls into the oil and flatten into a patty with the back of the spoon. Fry until crispy and flip carefully. Once cooked through, remove from the oil and drain. (I like to use paper bags, but paper towels work well too)

Chipotle Sour Cream

Ingredients:
1 cup Sour Cream
1 tbl chipotle mayonnaise (or 1 tsp of adobo sauce)

Process:
Combine ingredients in a bowl and serve with the latkes.

Wow... I threw these together one night because I had far too many potatoes in the house and needed to do something with them. I will definitely be playing with this recipe in the future... Hmm, maybe zucchini and corn latkes instead of potato?

ENJOY! <3

No comments: