Monday, January 10, 2011

Stove top Kielbasa

This is something I grew up eating, my mom would make it for us with egg noodles and we'd smother it in ketchup. When I met my husband, he requested it with broccoli and carrots, and uses spicy mustard. Over the years it's adapted into this. I do use broccoli sometimes, but I like the sugar snap peas also. This is one of the things I would have never thought to document in the past, but its one of the best quick dinners that is something different than the normal chicken I usually pull out for the hubs.


Stove top Kielbasa for one

Ingredients:
2 large carrots
1 cup sugar snap peas
1 link of Kielbasa (or if yours is a complete, "u" this recipe is for half of that)
canola oil

Process:
Pool carrot and cut into 1/4 in rounds. Prep peas by snapping and peeling down the ends to get rid of any strings.
Heat canola oil over medium heat (enough to lightly coat your pan). Add carrots and cook over medium high heat for ~5 minutes. Add peas and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Slice kielbasa lengthwise and then in half, add cutside down to the pan and cook until crispy.

You may have noticed a lack of seasoning... I never did until I sat down to write out the recipe! The kielbasa has a great taste on its own and I don't think the vegetables need anything either!

No comments: