Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Warm, gooey delicious breakfast :) (Honey Almond Oats)

It's snowing... Alot! I woke up nice and early to call and see if work was closed. Yay! Snow day!! Unfortunately husband works for a company that doesn't happened to believe in snow days, so I got up and made him a yummy hot breakfast and sandwich for lunch, then crawled back into bed :) Which I expected to be the end of my morning. About an hour later, my phone rang.. "ok I'm stuck, can you come out and help me?" oh yay! Hah so out of bed, and into my boots I went. He had already shoveled out the driveway but was getting stuck getting out into the street. About 30 minutes, one neighbor and two cops later we finally got the car free. I promptly went inside and made myself a nice warm bowl of oats!



Honey Almond Oats

1 cup water
1/3 cup Scottish oats
Splash of milk
1 egg white
2 tbl almond butter
Almonds
Crasins
Honey
Cinnamon

Boil water in a small sauce pan, whisk in oats. Cook for 2 minutes, add milk. Cook another minute and whisk in egg white. Cook another minute or two and turn off the heat. Add tbl of honey and sprinkle of cinnamon. Put the oats in a bowl, top with almonds, almond butter and Crasins. Enjoy!

This was definitely the highlight of my morning!!

No comments: